Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Photo Wall for $10.00

We've lived in our house for over three years now, we moved in when Bella was only six months old. At the time we didn't have much money or time to devote to decorating it, and now that I have the time I still don't have the money so it is coming along slowly. This weekend we enhanced our decor by adding a photo wall!

I have seen these on Pinterest and I had a bunch of black framed photos already from when we had lived in an apartment that had a staircase in it, but when we moved to the house, they went up on the shelves in our library (it's really a home office but I'm a book worm so I christened it "the library" - it's not like I live in a mansion or anything) One of the things I have been wanting to do but never had time is repurpose some of our current decor so that it looks new but doesn't really cost much to change around. Please note - if you don't hoard black photo frames like I do, and you want a uniform look for your photo wall, you could get a can of spray paint and paint the frames you do have, or you could do a wall that has a bunch of different frames like this, or this.

Originally we had a large painting in the entry way. We had bought it at an art fair a year or two before we were married and I never really liked it much. The perspective was all off and I thought I could probably have painted it just as well myself, but it was relatively cheap and we were young and poor so we bought it. I took that down and decided to paint over the canvas and move it to the library - I will post about that in a different blog - and we put up this photo wall in its place.

In the future I would like to get a custom vinyl lettering of our family name done to put up in the space between the photos, but as it's around $50 at my local sign shop, it will be a while before that happens, so I got the vinyl lettering we used from Hobby Lobby on sale for $10, and the frames we already had. I replaced some of the pictures and filled some empty frames and we just kind of eyeballed the arrangement  I had already been looking at several examples on Pinterest, but as none of them matched the exact quantity and dimensions of my frames, I just threw the rule book out the window. I think it looks pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment