Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Replacing the Drona Boxes With Branas Boxes - Girls Room Post #2

Initially I bought the Drona boxes for the Kallax shelving unit, but at the time, Ikea wasn't offering pink Drona boxes in the US, so i bought half Dronas and half of some pink boxes I got from Garden Ridge. The Garden Ridge boxes were more expensive than the Dronas, and far, far inferior. They have since fallen apart, every last one. When I went to replace them, I could have opted for the pink Dronas, but I wanted something even sturdier so I went for the white Branas baskets instead.
You can see where I tried in vain to patch this one with pink floral fabric.
Horrible pink boxes from Garden Ridge that I tried to repair several times.
The Drona boxes held up better than the
Garden Ridge boxes but were still pretty
worn and bent.
The Branas baskets are much sturdier.



I started with these wallet-size frames that were silver and black
Spray-painted them pink.


Pulled off the picture stand from the back, leaving the hardware.

Then added in a picture and name of the toys in each box.

Ran some wire through the left-over hardware and wired them to the baskets.







No comments:

Post a Comment