Thursday, March 5, 2015

NEWS

This picture has nothing to do with this article,
but I had to have something to pin. Moo.
Not that it's news to my family and friends, but I started writing professionally for Wide Open Country in December! I wrote for them through the month of January and then they asked me to come on as a contributor in February just before the site launch! It is very exciting for me to be paid to write about a subject I enjoy (country music) and to have my byline on the articles, so I am super psyched. Last night was the monthly phone meeting (most of the contributors live out of state, with a majority based in Nashville) and I found out they named me the Writer of the Month! I did a little silent scream, which was totally unnecessary because I was muted both on my end and their end of the conference call, and hiding in my closet to avoid interference from my kids and dog. (Don't worry, the hubs was outside with the kiddos).

Also in February I wrote the inaugural blog post for the newly formed Texas Freelance Association! I got the Wide Open Country gig from the Austin Freelance Gigs Facebook group run by Awesome freelancing guru Emily Leach (founder of the Texas Freelance Association), so it is only right to return my good fortune by sharing whatever insight I can - not that I'm so insightful, but I like to give back. I thought the blog was pretty dang funny, but I haven't gotten a huge response from it. No biggie, I had myself in stitches, and that's the important thing. Love yourself, right, early 90's motivational posters? Anyway, I am so very excited with what this year has to offer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment